Are you planning to put your house on the market anytime soon or in the future?
Potential home buyers place a lot of value on their first impression of the property. So why not go the extra mile and put some effort, perhaps even spend a little just to make the deal a little sweeter.
Here are seven tips to improving your home’s curb appeal and increasing its value instantly:
- A fresh coat of paint – You first have to walk back to the driveway, or as far back as you can see the house, and get an idea of the first thing that will capture the attention of a potential homebuyer. If there is anything that looks off, deal with it immediately, and when all looks just right, apply a fresh coat of paint, and make sure that the front porch is sparkling clean.
- Roof repair – A few factors can warrant a roof repair job, with the age of the house and the condition of the neighbors’ roofs taking first place. Homebuyers will look at the roof before stepping out of their vehicles, and if they like what they see, then you can be confident of making a good sale.
- Expert lawn care – As a potential homebuyer walks towards the house, let him or her meet a neat, beautiful and clean lawn. In Texas, few parts experience snow during winter so you can be confident that regardless of the season, you can maintain a green and beautiful looking lawn, with neatly cut grass and vibrant flowers. Get a lawn-care expert if you have to achieve that “wow” factor.
- Add color – Different colors that blend perfectly are almost always a sure hit. Use colorful blooms to your advantage and select an exceptional type of grass to grow on your lawn. On the other hand, you can invest in appealing and unique flower pots as well as attractive pillars to make the lawn stand out.
- Get a picket fence – This is a fashionable classic that creates a unique blend of quaint and sophisticated ambience. A picket fence displays the beauty of the lawn to people passing by while limiting them in terms of how close they can come to your house.
A home buyer will love a spotless and well-maintained fence, and you get a good return on investment.
- Get creative lighting for your yard – Lighting plays a very important role especially at night since it highlights the beauty of the lawn. Some home buyers are likely to plan a visit in the evening after work, so impress them with professionally set lighting, and you can be sure of making a good impression.
- Remember the backyard as well – Your backyard is just as important as the front, and if you extend the beautiful landscaping at the front to the back, you will achieve a great harmony. You can set up an area for the new owners to relax out in the back as they enjoy the beauty of the outdoors while still at home.